Friday, October 14, 2011

ZOMBIFIED



Brains by Kitty Rouge







October is upon us and you know what that means: one of the best holiday of the year is just around the corner. Not only is Halloween reason enough to love October, but to prep into the ghoulish festivities the TV Series The Walking Dead is kicking off their second season in 2 days. 2 days! I friggen' heart zombies even though they're all dead inside.

If an apocalyptic zombie invasion ever arises, I'd like to think I'd be a supreme, kick-ass survivor. Although my paintball experiences have proved me to be quite  the easy target.

Regardless, I've compiled a pretty little bunch of links dedicated to my adored morbid friends! 
Zombie Valentine's Card by unknown
• Again, Walking Dead is starting this Sunday. A little behind? 10 ways to get ready for the Walking Dead premiere will definitely get you pumped up.

• Wonder what a day in the life of a Walking Dead zombie extra's like? EW's Dalton Ross covers it.

• The first zombie proof house!

• No zombie apocalypse prevention is complete without Max Brooks' Zombie Survival Guide

Disney Princesses Gone Undead
• For better or for worse, in sickness and zombie attacks... - a couple's original wedding photos.

• Living dead fans unite in Zombie Walk. I'm devastated that I won't be able to attend the Montreal or Toronto walk this year. I'm dying to go (Get it? Dying?! Lousy midnight humour.) But see if there's a walk in a town near you! I really think this should take place in May during the Zombie Awareness Month, don't you?

• If you can do this dance, I envy you. So very much.

Zombie Art by Grayson Castro





Cracked has a way of making usually serious articles into crudely funny & entertaining reading material. The following are zombie inspired articles taken from their website.

• Sure, you may enjoy zombie movies because they're fictitious. Cracked gets right down to it, giving you 5 scientific reasons zombie apocalypse could actually happen. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

• Don't feel guilty for wanting a world dominated by George Romero's muses. Read the 5 reasons you secretly want a zombie apocalypse. If there's an article about it, then you're definitely not alone.

• You don't have to be a hardcore gamer to enjoy this video game trailer of the newly released Dead Island. Unbelievably well-made. So beautiful, it tug a heartstring.





And to end this wonderful list, a sneak peek at my "still-sitting-at-the-edge-of-my-seat, scared-as-#%*-even-though-I've-watched-this-a-thousand-times" zombie scene. (Unfortunately I couldn't embed it onto my post or find the scene in it's entirety so you'll have to watch the movie for yourself!)

Got anything interesting to add to the Zombiefest? Make sure to leave a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment