Tuesday, October 18, 2011

FAN ART : PEE WEE HERMAN


Pee Wee Herman's Big Adventure was one of the many childhood movies I'd repetitively play on my VHS. Since I've been brought up listening to movies dubbed in French, my mother tongue, this was one of the rare few I've always watched in English, despite not understanding a word of it growing up. I've never actually watched his TV show but the cult movie along with its sequel Big Top Pee Wee had completely won me over. Pee Wee's kidult ways & hearty laugh packed in a grey suit and red bowtie along with creating the greatest invention in the world (the breakfast machine!), the Tequila dance without forgetting the best bike in the world! This movie never sees a dull moment including encounters with Mickey, the convict on the run, to the ghost of Large Marge (Now how creepy was she?! As a child? Terrifying!)

Putting my love for Pee Wee aside, here's some beautiful illustrations I've gathered paying tribute to the rosy cheeked man child.

I Know You Art, But What Am I?" a Pee-Wee Herman Tribute exhibition that took place this summer in Los Angeles. Click on the link to see for yourself!

by Aaron Ronzenfeld

by Brittany Morgan

by Captain's Log


by Dave Perillo

by Jerod Gibson
by Ryan Brinkerhoff

by Chris DeLorenzo


by Seth Patrick
by Mason Starkey

by Jesse Williams
by Casey Weldon
by The Little Friends of Printmaking

No comments:

Post a Comment