Sunday, January 29, 2012

LITTLE WONDERS - JAN. 29 2012


Illustration by Colleen Wynn


First Little Wonders of the year! What took me so long? In truth, I've been excessively busy, the new year has brought me a new job. It's been demanding but very exciting. I can't wait to see where this is going to take me. So here's a little roundup of my favourite links in proof that I am indeed still alive.

• Thanks to Cuppow, make your own inexpensive travel mug. Say goodbye to paper cups & costly thermos and not only does it give new life to your shelved mason jars but the cap is BPA free and recyclable.

• A list of 25 Controversial Trendsetters. Which one is your favourite? Do you disagree with some of them?

• My birthday's in a little less than a month. Which is enough time to sign up for free birthday stuff! I came across 'Free Stuff on Your Birthday' (for Canadians only) and while you do have to sign up for newsletters for most, it's nothing compared to the goodies you can receive. Not from Canada? That's alright! Do a Google search of 'free stuff on your birthday' along with your town and/or country.

• Don't you wish you were one of those people who could define a wine by its taste? I'm not very good at it. But it doesn't mean you can't be a connoisseur of wine etiquettes! A Cup Of Jo made adorable illustrations to go along with interesting little know-whats.

• These are too hilarious not to pass on. F-ck Headlines's Eric Wedum does his comics as so - "each weekday I find a headline on a major news site, and illustrate it without reading a word of the story" making headlines far more interesting and funny than meets the article.

• With the trend of unconventional baby names, a slideshow of banned newborn names in various countries as well as government denied entries. Sex Fruit for a child's name? Really?! Really.

• If you're having a hard time figuring out what to drink, simply turn to your music. Drinkify suggests an alcoholic drink to go along with the artist/band you're listening to. Apparently right now I should be drinking organic red wine along my listening of Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros.

1 comment:

  1. I'm never gonna forget that J-Lo outfit. Best ever!

    ReplyDelete