Thursday, March 29, 2012

THEY'RE RED HOT


I'm a huge fan of the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Even more so after reading Anthony Kiedis' biography Scar Tissue which I've devoured on a plane ride back from Mexico. I believe John Frusciante to be one of the greatest guitarist out there, one of which gives me deep shivers, and I find it quite unfortunate that I won't be able to experience it live when I attend their May 2nd show in Montréal (although I have faith that Josh Klinghoffer will do a fantastic job). I simply cannot contain my excitement! In order to pump up my anticipation, I've created a little wee illustration of the band (did you know RHCP will be inducted in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on April 14th?) This little self project got me rushing home from the office, I was so anxious to get sketching on this baby.

Are you a Red Hot Chili Pepper fan? If so, what's your favourite song?

4 comments:

  1. I don't have a favorite song, but I have a favorite part of a RHCP song. I love the guitar solo in Funky Monks; it's electric. My next favorite part is the guitar solo in If You Have to Ask. I love their B-sides too. I love Time, How Strong, Mercy, Mercy Me, Save this Lady, Overfunk, Fat Dance, Felascock, Sikimanico, their version of the Beach Boys I Get Around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard their version of "I Get Around"! I shall Youtube :D

      Delete
  2. Nice draw.
    My favorite is "Cabron" from the By the way album. Do you like it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Cabron is a good tune! Different than their usual style and definitely upbeat :)

      Delete