Wednesday, September 26, 2012

LITTLE WONDERS - SEP. 26 2012


Marilyn Monroe by Josh Bryan


I can't tell you how excited I am to be going full steam ahead with a project that's been in the works for quite some time. Unfortunately, I can't unveil any of it yet as there is still much to be done. Soon enough, my loves, all will be revealed, I promise!

Without further ado, my round up of this week's favourite links.

• Jason Freeny plays doctor and creates wonderful anatomical sculptures of beloved cartoon & video-game characters.

• I love Google Doodles! Check out their archives. Some of them have rough sketches, storyboarding of animation as well as how inspiration came about. Amongst my favourites of 2012 are Charles Dickens' 200th Birthday, 79th Anniversary of the First Drive-In Movie and of course, Valentine's Day!

• Another two things I love: Bob Dylan and typography. This merges two loves into one. Leandro Senna handmade fonts to the lyrics of Bob Dylan's Subterranean Homesick Blues. This is a feast for the eyes!

• I miss Lost. A lot. For their 100th episode (Quite some time ago!) the most awesome cake was constructed, to celebrate their achievements. Click on the picture to get a better look at the details.

• Six degrees of Kevin Bacon just got easier. By typing 'Bacon Number' in Google Search along any actor's name, Google will find that number for you. I thought I could have fooled it by using Pauly Shore or Carrot Top but no. They are both separated by 2. Now your turn!

• Snopes puts to rest old & modern urban legends, scams and hoaxes, and whether there's any truth to any of them.

• Movies are a big deal for me. And so are trailers (I really ought to make a list of my favourites). I was quite taken by Cloud Atlas' extended trailer, which looks like a movie of its own and is a visually striking voyage which I cannot wait to see. Kudos for the song use of M83's Outro.

No comments:

Post a Comment