Sunday, January 26, 2014

HER - A SPIKE JONZE LOVE STORY

BUY THIS PRINT ON SOCIETY6
I was really excited to finally watch Her. So excited in fact, I was giddy like a schoolgirl. Sometimes, a movie trailer will get me so revved up and ends up being somewhat of a downer just because of the expectations built up in my head when in fact, the movie is rather good (that'll teach me to watch trailers!). But this film totally delivered. The colours, the soundtrack, the story, everything. I loved this 'futuristic' world. Anyway, it wasn't long before I created an illustration. I sketched up so many clever versions for this illustration but decided to stay simple. Focusing on this world and the colours I loved so much in the movie; trying to recreate this glow that Theodore has while interacting with Samantha, against a gloomy world.

Updated Note : My friend was kind enough to post my illustration on Reddit, after my illustration being posted as fan art on the Her official website. The post generated a lot of comments about whether I was paid for this. Nobody's approached me to do this illustration. I simply love to merge two of my passions, art & movies, and create fan art as a hobby. It's like a visual movie review for me (so keep an eye out on this site if you want to see more. Requests are always well-received!)

I want to become an illustrator and realize I have no diploma in the field. People said I should be paid for this being posted but honestly, I do not do this for money. I do it for fun. Should someone ever require an illustration from my part for a website, a magazine, etc. due to having come across one of my illustration then yes, I will obviously charge. Had they used this image for promotion of the movie then of course this would be a problem. But the fact that this was posted as fan art and appreciated by a vast amount of people makes me happy beyond belief. So thank you all so very much for appreciating my art, it thrives me to do many more!




No comments:

Post a Comment