Wednesday, January 8, 2014

SAVING MR. BANKS


For the illustration of my review for Saving Mr. Banks, I wanted to sketch a grumpy PL Travers front and centre surrounded by all the sugar-coated razzle-dazzle. I put out the balloons and sweets to reflected Walt Disney and his charming attempt to seduce PL Travers into selling him the rights to Mary Poppins. I added two little nods to Mary Poppins : the first, the infamous silhouette hidden amongst the clouds and the second, Mary Poppins' talking parrot head umbrella. My palette was pretty much 'everything goes', such as pretty sugary pastels and bold primary colours, as I wanted everything to clash with each other with no particular focus for the eye to set on. I had a lot of fun creating this and really enjoy the humorous cartoon-like effect it has.  





No comments:

Post a Comment