Monday, May 12, 2014

DISCOVERY IN THE CITY - Swings, Fresh Paint & Winks

You gotta love Montréal: a vibrant city of mishmash mixtures of old & new, classy & gritty. A multicultural city with stimulating art, amazing food, numerous festivals; a city that celebrates every season and is loved by its people in good times and bad (pot holes and all).

I love to walk around the city and discover visual feasts to tickle my imagination, feeling like a little wee explorer, armed with my camera to chronicle my finds. I like it even more when people share that interest and join in on the fun. This Sunday, my friend Pat was my co-captain to our mini adventure.

MAY 11th CHRONICLE


/// Caught a drive-by wink from the one & only Lina Cavalieri, infamous muse of artist Piero Fornasetti.




/// Accidently found Fresh Paint Gallery, an indoor street art gallery hidden in plain sight on the corner of Sainte Catherine & Sainte Elisabeth. Wonderful little gem that's creative as hell, with entrance costing as little as a toonie.






We love to scavenge through the city for some awesome graffitis. But this is a great way to showcase local urban art and I believe they change artists about every month, so it's worth going to often. Support the art and pay an inspiring visit you surely won't forget.

Note : I was stupid enough not to write down the artists' names (shameful thing to do). If anyone knows the names, I'll gladly refer to them along with their art.



/// 21 Balançoires are back in full swing at Place des Arts to bring out the inner kid in you. Swinging in the sun to chiming music with a nice, spring breeze? Hellz yeah! (love the kid on the left!)



This Friday, I will be attending "A Day in May" exhibition, co-hosted by a friend of mine. Exhibition starts 5pm. Facebook information found here. Make sure to check it out!

What are some of your latest discoveries and loves in your city?

No comments:

Post a Comment