|Vincent Van Gogh - Self-Portrait (1887)|
Round up of this week's favourite links.
• I Stole This From You - This artist draws anonymous confessions of stolen objects.
• A Gorey Alphabet - If you don't know the macabre Gashlycrumb Tinies...
"Part Tim Burton long before there was Burton, part Edgar Allan Poe long after Poe, the book exudes Gorey’s signature adult picture book mastery, not merely adorned by the gorgeously dark crosshatched illustrations but narratively driven by them."
• Old Flames - A Tumblr page dedicated to celebrities that use to date. While I don't care much for the newer old flames (like Lindsay Lohan or John Mayer and pretty much anyone they've dated), I love coming across vintage pictures like Jack & Anjelica, Johnny & Kate or Mick & Bianca. Don't judge me, you love it too!
• When You Wish Upon A Star - Cutely illustrated little Disney history facts.
• Shadow Play - During the Award season, I always look forward to the BAFTAs Best Picture award posters that never fails to impress me. Look at this year's illustrations. Oh and while you're at it, check out the 2014 and 2013 posters. And 2012. And 2011...
• Play with Fire - Montreal artist Spazuk creates beautifully dark art using a flame to create black soot and intuitively scratches the surface to reveal extremely dainty details of an image.
• In Bloom - One can't deny that the process of putting together an haute couture gown is anything but an art form! This, below, is the making-of the Chanel Spring / Summer 2015 collection.
• One Word At A Time - 3 girls advocate literacy with the help of poetry.